- Animal Welfare law
- Court of Protection and Mental Capacity
- Clinical negligence and personal injury
- Inquests and inquiries
- Discrimination and equality law
- Judicial review and public law
- Media and information law
- Extradition law
- Mental health
- Family Law
- Police misconduct
- Fraud Financial and Business Crime
- Prison law
- Health and community care law
- Regulatory and public procurement law
- Right to protest
- Human rights
- Serious and Complex Crime
The Bindmans Family team provides top-quality legal advice at competitive prices. Our lawyers are experienced across the full range of family law matters - including divorce and separation, cohabitation and civil partnership law. We have a national reputation for handling heavyweight and complex cases involving children, including care with an international element.
The quality of our family lawyers is second to none. We provide an intelligent, focused legal service. Bindmans provides the best possible advice and representation and access to the highest calibre legal expertise without extravagant costs.
The breadth of our family work means we have a wealth of experience to draw on, which informs our understanding of what are often complex and difficult situations. When the case needs it, we can call on additional expertise from colleagues in our other teams, such as Judicial Review and Public Law, Serious and Complex Crime, Housing and Immigration.
We are members of the family lawyers’ group Resolution, and follow its code of conduct for dealing with family cases in a non-confrontational way. We always see if agreement can be reached between the parties, through mediation or other means - avoiding the cost and uncertainty of going to court. However, where mediation is not an option, we work hard to obtain a fair solution as quickly as possible.
Our commitment to human rights and cutting-edge legal work stretches over three decades and we are at the forefront of advising same-sex couples on civil partnerships.
Divorce and financial matters
- Divorce, judicial separation and nullity
- Financial matters
- Deeds of separation and pre nups
- Financial injunctions
- Cohabitation disputes
- Financial settlements for children
- Inheritance claims
- Personal protection injunctions
- Pre-registration agreements
- Residence and contact
- Medical treatment
- Care proceedings
- International cases
- Parentage and surrogacy
- Child abduction
- Permission to remove children abroad
- International divorce issues