- Court of Protection and Mental Capacity
- Clinical negligence and personal injury
- Inquests and inquiries
- Discrimination and equality law
- Judicial review and public law
- Media and information law
- Extradition law
- Mental health
- Family Law
- Police misconduct
- Fraud Financial and Business Crime
- Prison law
- Health and community care law
- Regulatory and public procurement law
- Right to protest
- Human rights
- Serious and Complex Crime
- Animal Welfare law
Bindmans LLP has led the way in dealing with complex Prison Law cases. Our Prison Law team offers a first class service to prisoners combining expertise in Prison Law with Mental Health, Police Misconduct, Discrimination and Inquest Law.
We deal sensitively but proactively with ensuring that prisoner’s rights are respected and appropriate services provided to them.
We have dealt with some of the most difficult and complex Prison Law cases, establishing legal precedents at the cutting edge of the law. Many of our cases are high profile.
We have particular expertise in dealing with cases involving Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights, the Right to Life; Judicial Review decisions of the Prison and Parole Boards as well as challenging a range of unlawful policy decisions.
We deal with the following types of cases:
- Acting in judicial reviews to challenge unlawful prison policies and/or decisions by the prison service
- Representing prisoners in complaints to the Prison and Probation Ombudsman
- Acting in public Inquiries involving prisoners
- Acting in civil claims for compensation for prisoners who have been subject to unlawful acts, wrong doing and all types of discrimination
- Acting in civil claims for compensation for human rights breaches
- Representing life-sentenced prisoners in parole board hearings
- Representing on all aspects of categorisation issues including the lack of access for disabled prisoners to courses
- Obtaining transfers to suitably adapted prisons
- Representing prisoners seeking transfer from prison to mental hospital and access to health services