We are an award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with an exceptional track record offering a wide range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium-sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top-tier firm by the legal directories, some of the most brilliant lawyers in the country work at Bindmans.
Bindmans is a successful London law firm especially well known for public law, human rights and other legal work to secure accountability. We are seeking to recruit a resourceful and committed Administrative Assistant to work within our Public Law Department. The role consists of providing vital administrative support to the department’s solicitors and Personal Assistant specialising in Court of Protection, Mental Health, Community Care and Education law.
Overview of key responsibilities
- Taking new client enquiries
- Assisting with the preparation of bundles of documents for the department’s solicitors, Court, Counsel and/or experts
- File and diary management
- Electronic and paper filing
- Printing, sorting and filing emails
- Becoming familiar with and observing the internal requirements of the firm as to file opening and closure procedures, both electronically and manually
- Assisting with the department’s archiving as directed by the department’s Personal Assistant
- Becoming familiar with the firm’s accounting procedures, and the maintenance of all necessary records and any other administrative requirements.
- Experience in an administrative or office setting, or in working in another setting which has helped develop transferrable skills needed to handle complex information and interact effectively with colleagues and the public (essential)
- Good typing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Legal experience and knowledge of legal aid procedures is not essential but are an advantage.
- You will need to have an interest in the areas of law we practice and be enthusiastic with good communication. You should have a flexible and professional attitude and the ability to work quickly under pressure.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please complete the recruitment pack. Completed recruitment packs should be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the vacancy reference number.