We are an award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with an exceptional track record offering a wide range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium-sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top-tier firm by the legal directories, some of the most brilliant lawyers in the country work at Bindmans.
Our Finance department is looking to recruit a Locum Billing Co-ordinator to cover a period of maternity leave. Working within the team you will assist fee earners across the firm in converting work in progress into bills and processing bills accurately and promptly. You will also provide administrative support to the Finance Team.
Overview of key responsibilities
- Attending monthly Billing meetings with fee earners to review WIP and progress of files being processed by the billing team
- Drafting and processing payments on account for profit costs and disbursements on CCMS
- Posting weekly bills following receipt of remittance from the LAA and allocating costs to fee earners
- Corresponding with external costs draftsman about progress of files and updating fee earners
- Drafting and processing Interim and Final Certificated claims for submission to the LAA and drafting bills following Assessment of Claims
- Drafting and submitting Interim and Final Claims for matters under the Legal Help scheme and drafting bills following Assessment of Claims
- Assisting other team members to post accurate bills, journals, WIP/Disbursement write offs, time transfers and receipts to the firm’s accounting system
- Assisting when required with crime billing and provide cover for the billing team/finance team
- Assisting with the firm’s yearly audit
- Compliant with SAR, LAA, LEXCEL or other external agencies
- At least one year’s experience of billing, gained within a law firm
- Knowledge and understanding of LAA and other systems of public legal funding
- ALCD or AAT qualification desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to work effectively and respond well under pressure
- Organised and efficient
- Friendly and approachable with a professional manner
- Flexible, co-operative and supportive team player
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please send an up to date CV together with a covering letter in support by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS.