Bindmans is an award winning multi-disciplinary law firm, with a track record offering a range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top tier Firm by the legal directories, we enjoy our reputation for being fearless and are proud of our outstanding track record for success.
We are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer with a passion for excellence to join our team. Supporting the COLP and COFA, ensuring robust compliance with our regulatory obligations, this is a great opportunity to take responsibility for the function with full day to day autonomy. You will have previous compliance experience (ideally in the legal sector) with strong organisational and communications skills. This is a stand-alone role and would suit someone who is confident with a broad range of compliance responsibilities and looking for the next step in their career.
Overview of key responsibilities
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the maintenance of appropriate systems, controls and processes to manage risks and protect the firm from loss or litigation
- Relationship management with external and regulatory authorities and stakeholders, (Law Society, SRA, Legal Aid Agency, indemnity insurers)
- Ensuring Legal Aid Agency contract compliance
- Preparation for audits, file review monitoring & actions, Insurance renewals, conflict management monitoring
- Overseeing responses to all client complaints for review by the relevant Complaints Partner
- Providing Firm-wide education and training on all compliance issues incl AML and GDPR
- Background in legal compliance
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Well organized with the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please complete the recruitment pack. Completed recruitment packs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS