We are an award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with an exceptional track record offering a wide range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium-sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top-tier firm by the legal directories, some of the most brilliant lawyers in the country work at Bindmans.
We are seeking to recruit a paralegal to assist the solicitors in our nationally recognised and high profile Clinical Negligence & Personal Injury department. The post holder may ultimately be considered for a training contract at a later date following an internal recruitment process (though there can be no guarantee of a trainee vacancy).
Overview of key responsibilities
The role will consist of:
- assisting fee earners with case preparation
- fielding new client enquiries
- file administration
- undertaking legal research
- preparing draft documents including witness statements and schedules
- attending court to issue proceedings and file documentation
- attending client interviews and drafting aspects of advice.
- Good qualifications
- Legal experience and knowledge of legal aid procedures are desirable
- Experience of Personal injury/clinical negligence experience law is an advantage.
You will need to:
- be highly motivated, proactive, self-servicing
- have excellent communication, organisation and administrative skills,
- have a flexible and professional attitude
- be able to work well within a team and be able to take responsibility for individual work.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please complete the recruitment pack. Completed recruitment packs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS