Bindmans LLP’s Actions Against Police & State (AAPS) department are seeking to recruit a part-time Personal Assistant three days per week. The successful candidate will provide secretarial, billing and administrative support to fee earners within the team.
Bindmans LLP is a successful London law firm, with a reputation for excellence and being at the cutting edge of legal developments.
Play a vital support role in this busy department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The principal duties of this role include:
- Being the first point of contact for all administrative support within the department;
- Coordinating the workload of the department to include:
- assisting with the team’s billing (private, conditional fee agreement (CFA), third party funding and legal aid);
- liaising with the finance team/billing coordinators and fee earners in relation to billing and costs. This will require the successful candidate to take an active role under partner supervision regarding the team’s billing and financial targets;
- dealing with existing and new client queries;
- managing fee earners’ diaries and diarising key deadlines for the team;
- making appointments and arranging meetings.
- Undertaking administrative tasks for the department such as:
- opening and closing files on the firm’s case management system;
- routine communication and correspondence to clients, counsel/ counsel clerks, experts and third parties.
- assisting fee earners with case administration ;
- filing both manual and electronic documentation.
The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated and must have:
- good experience in a similar role within a law firm;
- good communication, organisation and administrative skills;
- fast, accurate typing;
- an excellent telephone manner;
- a flexible and professional attitude;
- an ability to work on confidential matters and under pressure, together with a keen eye for detail.
Experience of Legal Aid, the Legal Aid Agency’s case management system (CCMS) and billing is desirable but is not essential. Relevant training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please complete the recruitment pack. Completed recruitment packs should be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS.