We are an award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with an exceptional track record offering a wide range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium-sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top-tier firm by the legal directories, some of the most brilliant lawyers in the country work at Bindmans.
Bindmans Private Client department is seeking to recruit a Personal Assistant. The successful candidate will provide secretarial and administrative support to fee earners within the team. This role may be suitable for candidates who are currently in a secretarial team leader/co-ordinator role.
Overview of key responsibilities
- Being the first point of contact for all administrative support within the department
- Coordinating the workload of the department to include:
- Billing (private and legal aid/publicly funded matters)
- Liaising with the finance team/billing coordinators
- Liaising and allocating typing to outsourcers
- Dealing with existing and new client enquiries
- Managing fee earner’s diaries
- Making appointments and arranging meetings
- Undertaking administrative tasks for the department such as:
- Opening and closing files on the firms’ case management system
- Assisting fee earners with case administration and preparation
- Manual and electronic filing
The successful candidate will need to be highly motivated and must have:
- Good experience in a similar role within a law firm
- Good communication, organisation and administrative skills
- Fast, accurate typing
- An excellent telephone manner
- Flexible and professional attitude
- An ability to work on confidential matters and under pressure, together with a keen eye for detail
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the Job Description and Person Specification attached on the right for further details about the role.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the attached Recruitment Pack.
Completed Recruitment Packs should be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS