Skip to content
BLOG

30 March 2021

Comment: EU children in the UK care system at risk of missing the EU Settlement Scheme deadline

1 min

Emma Cohen comments on The Guardian’s report that EU children in UK care systems could become ‘undocumented’ adults.

Emma states: “It is shocking to read that the Children’s Society estimates that only 39% of EU national children in care and care leavers have made applications under the EU Settlement Scheme leaving 61% at risk of remaining in the UK unlawfully after 30 June 2021. This is something we flagged up in a recent blog. It is not too late to make an application and it is critical that this vulnerable group is supported to obtain confirmation of their status in time so they are able to access services going forward and that the Home Office commits to accepting out of time applications where necessary.”

For advice on this topic, please get in touch with our Immigration team

How can we help you?

We are here to help. If you have any questions for us, please get in touch below.