Natasha is a partner in our Public Law and Human Rights team.
She specialises in public law and judicial review proceedings, particularly in the areas of planning and environmental law.
Before moving to the UK, Natasha practiced in Australia, where she acted in significant and high profile judicial review proceedings challenging government approvals of major transport and public infrastructure projects. She has also advised and acted in high value compulsory acquisition and valuation compensation claims and claims for compensation arising from ‘planning blight’. Natasha has experience acting for both participants and counsel assisting in public and Ombudsman inquiries.
Natasha has provided comprehensive issues papers and strategic advice on greenhouse gas regulation in Victoria, Australia, and on climate change and energy legislation more generally. Her advice has informed important environmental policy development and legislative amendment. Natasha also provided authoritative advice on the regulatory schemes for subjects including environment protection and offsets, development contributions, and education.
Natasha has in-depth experience in developing and delivering tailored training on planning and environment topics to large organisations to empower them and help them develop their strategies.
Natasha’s Australian animal law experience includes acting in urgent applications for injunctions to restrain the culling and relocation of wildlife.
Education and career
- Natasha has recently joined Bindmans from Victoria, Australia where she led the planning, environment and public law practice of the Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office (2009-2022).
- She worked and volunteered for six years (2008-2014) at Inner Melbourne Community Legal, a community legal centre providing free legal advice to community members experiencing disadvantage and hardship.
- Natasha is also admitted to the Roll of the Supreme Court of Victoria (Australia).
- Natasha holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours and a Bachelor of Arts (Cultural Studies major) from the University of Melbourne (2004).
What clients say
Natasha is a technical expert but, more importantly, she is personable, responsive, and she really listened to us and what we wanted from her. She has always provided advice that is practical and enabled us to make decisions, rather than advice that is indecisive or full of options with no recommendation.Client, 2022
Natasha knows how to make the most complex matters straightforward with practical advice to reduce risk and meet our objectives. You can hand over matters to her at any stage and she will run with them without hassle.Client, 2022
- UK Environmental Law Association
- Environmental Law Foundation
More about Natasha
Natasha is interested in assisting community groups and individuals to protect and speak up for our natural environment, including challenging the decisions of public bodies where necessary. She is also experienced in helping people navigate complicated planning processes and challenging wrongly-decided planning permissions.