We are ranked No. 1 within the professional legal directories in many areas of practice – and are respected by peers and clients alike for the work we do. Legal 500 says that we have the “…ethical positioning and moral commitment of a standard civil liberties practice with the quality of the Magic Circle”, while Chambers say that “the principles and heart of this firm make it stand out from the crowd.”
We are seeking to recruit a paralegal to assist solicitors in our Private Client department at our Central London Office.
Overview of key responsibilities
The role will consist of assisting fee earners with case preparation, file and document management, processing evidence, dealing with initial enquiries from members of the public, assisting with billing, attending court and conferences. Liaising with the department’s PA and providing additional support to the Legal Secretary within the department as required.
- Assisting fee earners with case work
- Dealing with telephone enquiries
- Undertaking some legal research
- Client contact
- Assisting with the preparation of bundles of documents for Court of protection.
- Assisting with drafting probate forms, wills, lasting powers of attorney and trust deeds.
- General administration and providing financial and billing assistance.
- Electronic filing
- Good legal experience and qualifications
- Knowledge of private client law are desirable
- Strong administrative and organisational skills are essential for the post
- You will also need to:
- be highly motivated, proactive, self-servicing
- have excellent communication skills
- have a flexible and professional attitude
- have the ability to work on confidential matters and under pressure, together with a keen eye for detail
- be able to work well within a team and be able to take responsibility for individual work.
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please complete the recruitment pack. Completed recruitment packs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS