Whether you are fighting a cyberattack, investigating an innovative new technology, or building an ethical and privacy-conscious data governance framework, our data protection and cyber lawyers are here to help.
In a data-centric world, being able to navigate the fast-moving landscape of data laws to ensure your organisation is compliant can be challenging. Our services cover all aspects of data protection and privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and Freedom of Information requests.
Our data protection lawyers have deep expertise in advising businesses, charities and not-for-profits, public authorities and educational institutions on how to build and maintain a ‘best-in-class’ privacy framework. The team is also passionate about helping you build and use better tech which embeds privacy and ethics-by-design.
We advise on a full range of issues, including:
- Data Privacy Governance, including GDPR Audits and Policies
- Employment / HR specific issues, such as Whistleblowing and Monitoring
- Data Subject Rights Requests, including Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) and the Right to be Forgotten
- Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs), for high risk data processing and new and innovative technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Biometrics
- Vendor Management, including negotiating Data Processing Agreements with Controllers, Joint Controllers and Processors
- International Data Transfers, including Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs), Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) and Schrems II compliance projects
- Digital Marketing Campaigns and ePrivacy law (PECR) compliance
- Websites, Cookies and Privacy Notices
- Data Claims and Litigation, including Group Litigation Orders (GLOs) and Representative Actions
- Investigations and liaison with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and other regulators
Cybersecurity and Data Breaches
When hackers attack, we know that your first concern will be to protect your data. With links to trusted and reputable threat intelligence and cyber forensic specialists, our cyber lawyers are available 24/7 to respond and will manage and coordinate breach response to help defend your organisation.
In the event that notifications need to be made to data protection regulators such as the ICO and data subjects, we will ensure that you do so within the tight deadlines required by the GDPR.
With links to Public Relations (PR) firms and our own dedicated Reputation Management team, we are able to help you manage your communications with individuals and the public perception of the cyber incident.
We know that not every cyber incident involves personal data, but nevertheless can pose risks to your critical systems, confidential information and client relationships.
With experience in all types of incidents, from major state-sponsored attacks to insider threats, we will provide tailored support and assemble the breach team to fit the type of incident, from start to finish.
We are also experienced in advising and assisting on cyber insurance and the legal aspects of Information Security Frameworks and Policies (alongside cyber forensics experts) outside of a cyber incident.
Sign up to receive regular updates, event invitations, and our Data and Cyber Club newsletter. Register your interest here.
What others say
The lawyers have incomparable client service skills. They are very clear and always make sure they understand the picture, even if it is a complicated one.Chambers and Partners 2022 – Data Protection & Information Law
Extensive media and information (including data protection) law practice with interesting/unique crossover work from criminal justice/public law work.Legal 500 2022 – Media and Entertainment