We are an award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with an exceptional track record offering a wide range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium-sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top-tier firm by the legal directories, some of the most brilliant lawyers in the country work at Bindmans.
We are seeking an exceptional lawyer specialising in public and administrative law (including, potentially, regulatory law) to join and contribute to the leadership and management of our high profile, award-winning Public Law Team. It has grown over the last decade to become Bindmans’ largest department, with more than 30 staff and consultants.
The successful candidate will have:
- a breadth of experience across several areas of public and administrative law, such as regulatory, public procurement, healthcare law work (other than Court of Protection) and human rights claims;
- expertise in advising on and successfully litigating judicial review cases in the Administrative Court;
- proven skills in leading, managing and supporting colleagues;
- strong networking and practice development experience; and
- a commitment to promoting access to justice through public law.
Ideally, they will also have:
- experience in handling civil actions against public authorities (other than the police);
- a high personal profile or referral network which attracts new work for themselves and others; and
- experience in acting for a wide range of clients from individuals to NGOs and charities, businesses, professional and representative associations and regulatory bodies.
We would generally expect candidates to have a minimum of 10+ years PQE but are willing to consider outstanding candidates with less (e.g. those who may have acquired management and leadership experience in other roles). We are open to applications from both solicitors and barristers qualified to practice in the UK.
The successful candidate will join the firm as an Associate or Partner
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.