Are you a highly motivated and experienced employment lawyer, 4-5 years PQE, able to hit the ground running but looking to join a team with opportunity to further develop and progress?
We are an award-winning multidisciplinary law firm with an exceptional track record offering a wide range of specialist legal services to our clients, from medium-sized businesses and NGOs to public figures and private individuals. Ranked as a top-tier firm by the legal directories, some of the most brilliant lawyers in the country work at Bindmans.
“Ready to take the hard battles, offer pragmatic advice and fight hard for the clients” is how Chambers and Partners describes Bindmans’ award-winning Employment Team.“
Overview of key responsibilities
The fee earner is responsible to the partnership for the effective and efficient conduct of cases on behalf of clients in accordance with the overall policies and objectives of the firm. The fee earner is also responsible for pro-active development and promotion of the firm’s high standards and reputation.
All the firm’s qualified fee earners are specialists and although they may have some opportunity to work outside their field of specialism, it is anticipated that the specialist area will account for the majority of their fee earning work.
For fee earning and case management purposes, the fee earner is responsible to the partnership generally For other purposes, eg. in relation to issues relating to equipment or accommodation the fee earner may be responsible to the Partner with the responsibility for that specific issue.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of representing both individuals and employers across the full spectrum of UK employment related matters, both contentious and non-contentious;
- Desire to be active in business development and bringing in new work as well as keeping clients on board ;
- Good organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and manage a busy case load;
- Strong team player, but able to work independently as well as being a part of a busy and high performing department.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Knowledge of UK Law and regulatory frameworks
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Bindmans LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession. Applications from candidates who are BME, have a disability or who are from a less privileged background are particularly encouraged.
How to apply
Please view the role’s job description and person specification in the downloadable files.
If you are interested in applying please complete the recruitment pack. Completed recruitment packs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the vacancy reference number.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted for this role.
STRICTLY NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS