We are pleased to be hosting the 2023 Assize Seminar at our offices on Wednesday 10 May.
Katie Wheatley, partner at Bindmans and Head of our Crime, Fraud and Regulatory team, will be speaking about Public Interest in Criminal Proceedings during the seminar. Details of the seminar programme can be found below.
- 3:00pm – Opening, Professor Matt Dyson
- 3:10pm – Katie Wheatley, Partner and Head of Crime, Fraud and Regulatory, Bindmans LLP, ‘Public Interest in Criminal Proceedings’
- 4:15pm – Break
- 4:25pm – Dr Lorenzo Pasculli, University of Coventry, ‘Corruptio Legis – The Unintended Effects of the Law on Systemic Corruption’
- 5:30pm – Break
- 5:40pm – Professor Kenneth Simons, University of California, Irvine School of Law, ‘How does criminal law recklessness differ from negligence and from knowledge?’
- 6:45pm – Close of formal proceedings, followed by drinks