Monika Sobiecki, Data Protection and Cybersecurity specialist at Bindmans, has published the Data Protection Overview for the UK in collaboration with regulatory research platform OneTrust DataGuidance.
Monika’s piece covers the UK’s current legislative framework, providing an in-depth summary of everything from the law that applies and data subject rights, to the penalties facing those controllers and processors in breach of data protection law, to key recent enforcement decisions of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Governing texts (key acts, regulations, guidelines and case law)
- Scope of application (personal, territorial, material scope)
- Data protection authority (including the ICO’s main powers and duties)
- Key definitions
- Legal bases
- Controller and processor obligations
- Data subject rights
- Penalties and enforcement decisions
The full piece can be found here.
For more information about the Data Protection services we offer to both individuals and organisations, visit our web pages below: