The debate focuses on tensions that have been highlighted between the Government’s efforts to protect our democracy on the one hand and, on the other, the impact new legislation may have on a free independent press by having a chilling effect or compromising protection for journalists’ sources and material.
- Katie Wheatley, Head of Criminal Law team – Bindmans LLP
- Alex Bailin QC, Barrister – Matrix Chambers
- Rohit Kachroo, Security Editor – ITV News
- Lord Anderson of Ipswich QC, Barrister – Brick Court Chambers
- Jodie Ginsberg, Chief Executive – Index on Censorship
- Joshua Rozenberg, British legal commentator and journalist