It is essential that employers understand their obligations when an employee submits a Data Subject Access Request or GDPR Rights Request. In this session, our employment and data lawyers will offer practical tips from their experience and the guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Chaired by Employment Law Associate, Robert Maddox, we are joined by Data Protection and Cybersecurity Law specialist, Monika Sobiecki, from our Media and Information team.
What will be covered:
The session will be based on UK data privacy law including the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA). Topics covered will include:
- What are the different species of GDPR rights requests?
- We’ve received a DSAR – now what should we do?
- Do we always have to reply?
- How should we carry out searches for the data?
- How should we handle the disclosure?
- What are the timescales for responding?
- How should we handle the response letter?
- What happens if the data subject goes to Court or complains to the ICO?