If you are owed money by a company or individual, then we may be able to assist you in recovering those monies. Often a letter from a firm of solicitors can be enough for a person to pay back the monies that they owe you. However, if they still refuse to pay, then there are a number of other approaches that we can use to recover monies owed to you.
Our approach will often be dictated depending on whether the debt is disputed or not by your opponent. If the debt is not disputed, then it may be appropriate to serve a statutory demand on your opponent.
If the debt is disputed, then unless you are able to reach an amicable resolution with your opponent, you may need to issue formal court proceedings to recover your debt. Depending on the level of the debt that is owed to you, we can advise you as to the best approach to take and the time costs and timeframes involved.
Our dispute resolution experts provide bespoke debt recovery services for individuals, including:
- Assisting with pursuing a debt by way of formal court proceedings
- Serving statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions against individuals
- Advising those that have received a statutory demand
- Advising creditors on the methods available to seek to recover debts awarded by a court judgment or to encourage the debtor to make payment
- Instructing a court official to attend the debtor’s premises and to seize control of goods once a debtor has failed to pay a judgment
- Advising on other methods of enforcement, such as attachments of earnings orders, third party debt orders and charging orders
- Advising on insolvency-based enforcement, such as bankruptcy petitions and winding up petitions
Our team of experts have produced Dispute Resolution Guidance Documents, designed to provide individuals and businesses with information on a range of legal matters and procedures that they might find themselves facing. To view the full range of Guidance Documents available, visit our web page here.