Alice advises on all aspects of immigration, asylum and nationality law. She has extensive experience of advising on the immigration rules, particularly in respect of family-based applications and the points-based system.
Alice has in depth knowledge of European law and has given seminars about the EU Settlement Scheme to businesses seeking advice for their European national employees. Alice is often instructed by local authorities who wish to regularise the immigration status of/ register as British, children in their care. She also advises about complex nationality matters and represents victims of domestic violence in applications for indefinite leave to remain under the rules.
Alice represents clients at both the application stage and at appeal in the First-tier and Upper Tribunal. She is also experienced in acting in cases in the Administrative Court and Court of Appeal.
Education and Career
- Alice graduated with a BA (Hons) in politics from the University of Liverpool.
- She worked as a litigation assistant for a year at Refugee and Migrant Justice before a further two years with RMJ as a caseworker.
- Alice joined Bindmans LLP in July 2011 as a caseworker, and went on to qualify as a solicitor whilst at the firm, completing her qualifying exams at London Metropolitan University.
- She is a senior caseworker in the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme.
- Alice is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association.
Chambers and Partners 2023
- Alice is ranked as a ‘Star Associate’ in Immigration: Human Rights, Asylum and Deportation.
- “Alice is at the top of her game. She is really excellent at building relationships with her clients and is a very impressive lawyer.”
- “Alice is extremely knowledgeable and provides clear advice leading to successful outcomes for the client.”
- She is a seasoned immigration solicitor with strong expertise in asylum, deportation and extradition matters. She is particularly adept at advising victims of torture.
Chambers and Partners 2022
- Alice is ranked as a ‘Star Associate’ in Immigration: Human Rights, Asylum and Deportation. Feedback describes her as “thorough, committed and empathetic with clients. She is also responsive and very pleasant to deal with.”
Chambers and Partners 2021
- Alice Davis is ranked as a ‘Star Associate’ in Immigration: Human Rights, Asylum and Deportation.
- Alice Davis is a seasoned immigration solicitor with strong expertise in asylum, deportation and extradition matters.
Chambers and Partners 2020
- Alice Davis is ranked as an ‘Associate to Watch’ in Immigration: Human Rights, Asylum and Deportation.
- Alice “has a real eye for detail, she is extremely thorough and her organisation and preparation are absolutely excellent.”
Legal 500 (2015)
- Alice Davis is recommended in Immigration. She is described as an “exceptional practitioner”. Alice is recognised by Chambers and Partners for her asylum, family and human rights-centred practice.