Annie is a solicitor in our Family and Matrimonial team, specialising in all areas of family law.
Annie has experience in all areas of family Law, and represents parties in international child abduction, private and public law children cases. Annie also has experience on cases concerning the recognition and enforcement of foreign orders and proceedings relating to a transfer of jurisdiction.
In public law family law matters, Annie represents parties involved in cases concerning sexual abuse, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, non-accidental injury, deprivation of liberty (DOLS) issues and cases with an international element. Annie also represents parents who have social services involvement at a child in need, child protection conferences or pre-proceedings (public law outline) level.
Annie also has experience of working on a variety of private law cases, such those involving disputes between parents in relation to lives with and spends time with (child arrangements) orders and cases concerning domestic abuse.
Annie also advises on cases that concern financial issues arising from a marital or relationship breakdown and assists parties during the divorce or dissolution process.
Annie has an interest in surrogacy and planned parenthood, having completed her Masters in the subject in 2021.
As a trainee, Annie worked in our public law team, working on a mix of both education law cases, cases in the Court of Protection, and on judicial review challenges against the decisions made by public bodies.
Annie started working at the firm in 2019 as a paralegal, obtaining a training contract in 2021. Annie qualified as a solicitor in 2023.
Education and career
- Annie graduated from the University of Manchester in 2019 with an LLB Law with Politics (First Class Honours)
- She then completed the LPC with the LLM at the University of Law, achieving distinction
- She joined Bindmans in July 2019 as a paralegal
Annie has assisted with:
- Bailey v Bailey  EWFC 5
- A County Council and Mother  EWHC 3840 (Fam)
- A Local Authority v A Mother & Ors  EWHC 3496 (Fam)
- KN (A Child) (Art 15 Transfer)  EWCA Civ 1002
- N and A (1996 Hague Convention: Article 13)  EWCA Civ 623
- N and A (1996 Hague Convention: Costs) [ 2023] EWCA Civ 887
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Women in Family Law
More about Annie
- Annie has a Masters degree in surrogacy law
- Annie volunteers at Rights of Women
- Annie was previously a volunteer at ChildLine and at Manchester University’s legal advice centre