Ella is a trainee solicitor in our Private Client team.
She assists on a wide range of matters including:
- Contentious probate disputes
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Estate and trust administration
- Perseveration of wealth and estate planning needs
- Preparation of basic and complex wills
She also works on a range of Court of Protection matters and regularly deals with the day-to-day management of professional property and financial affairs deputyships for clients who have sustained brain damage.
Prior to joining the Private Client team, Ella worked in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team for three years, where she assisted partners on a wide range of complex and high-value cases, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Complex orthopaedic injuries resulting in amputations
- Misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Fatal accident cases
Ella has a particular interest in birth injury claims, and also assisted partners in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team on high-value cases arising from negligent care during or shortly after birth. She is also experienced in assisting on deputy-related matters.
Education and career
- Ella graduated with a 2:1 in Law (LLB) from Swansea University in 2018.
- She then completed a Masters in Law (LLM) alongside the Legal Practice Course at Swansea University in 2019. As part of her studies, Ella drafted a substantial bill reforming surrogacy arrangement’s within the UK for which she obtained a distinction.
- Ella was elected as president of Swansea University’s Law Society from 2017-2018 after standing as secretary the previous year.