Irene is a trainee solicitor in the Family and Matrimonial team.
Irene assists on cases covering all aspects of family law. Irene has experience working on cases concerning financial issues arising from marital relationship breakdowns.
Irene works on private children cases concerning where a child will live and who they will spend time with. Irene supports solicitors with cases involving wardship proceedings, transnational spousal abandonment and on cases concerning the recognition and enforcement of foreign of orders.
Irene also has experience working on cases representing parents, local authorities and children’s guardians in public law children cases involving domestic abuse, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, non-accidental injury and Deprivation of Liberty (DOLS).
Education and career
- Irene studied the LLB in law at the University of Warwick and is currently doing the LPC at BPP University
- Irene has a Masters in Medical Law from King’s College London
- Irene has previously worked as a paralegal in consumer law, faulty medical devices, product safety and personal injury and has also worked as part of an NHS in-house legal team
- Irene has also gained worked experience in matrimonial law in a law firm in Athens, Greece
- Irene joined Bindmans LLP as a paralegal in 2021
- She became a trainee solicitor in March 2023
Irene has supported solicitors who worked on:
- Re H-N and Others (children) (domestic abuse: finding of fact hearings)  EWCA Civ 448
- Re A (A Child: Findings of Fact)  EWCA Civ 1652
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers (YLAL)
More about Irene
- Irene has a keen interest in promoting access to justice and uphold human rights. Irene was part of Warwick Pro-Bono Society and worked on a project called ‘Youth Inspire’ teaching young children about human rights injustices in history and the importance of human rights today. During her time at Warwick, Irene also worked on the Death Penalty Project, assisting U.S attorneys in their case load dealing with defendants on Death Row
- Irene has an interest in medical decisions involving children and focused on this during her academic studies in medical law
- Irene is fluent in Greek