Isobel is a trainee solicitor in our Media and Information Law team.
Isobel joined Bindmans LLP as a paralegal in the Family and Matrimonial team in May 2022 and joined the Media and Information Law team as a trainee solicitor in September 2023.
She assists on a range of contentious and non-contentious cases including:
- Defamation (both libel/slander)
- Misuse of private information
- Breach of confidence
- Malicious falsehood
- Data protection
- Injunction proceedings
Before moving to the Media and Information team, Isobel was a paralegal in our Family and Matrimonial team where she assisted with a wide range of cases, including international child abduction, wardship proceedings, surrogacy, international adoption, public law children and matrimonial finance cases and obtaining protective injunctions for survivors of domestic violence.
Education and career
- Before joining Bindmans, Isobel worked as a family paralegal in a Family Law firm in Surrey for a year
- Whilst studying for the LPC, Isobel volunteered part time at Citizens Advice Bureau. She has also volunteered at Kent Law Clinic, a pro-bono advice clinic run by university staff and students
- Isobel graduated in 2020 from the University of Kent with an LLB in Law, and completed the LPC with a Masters in Law and Business in 2021 with a distinction
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers (YLAL)