Jessie is a trainee solicitor in our Crime, Fraud and Regulatory team.
Jessie has experience working on a wide range of criminal cases including:
- Serious and complex criminal offences such as terrorism, murder, financial crime, sexual offences, and theft
- Restraint and confiscation proceedings
- Protest-related criminal allegations including public nuisance and criminal damage
- International law cases involving allegations of serious human rights violations
- Driving offences, disqualification and exceptional hardship submissions
She has experience of all stages of criminal proceedings, including investigations, proceedings in the Magistrates Court, Crown Court, and High Court, and has assisted in the preparation of an appeal and sentencing hearings.
Jessie has developed a particular expertise working with individuals who find themselves the subject of Terrorism, Prevention and Investigation Measures (TPIMs) and are the subject of statutory review proceedings in the High Court.
She also has experience working on multi-jurisdictional cases and frequently works in collaboration with our public law team on cases relating to search and seizure and an application to the charity commission.
Education and career
- In 2018, Jessie graduated from the University of Cambridge with a BA in Modern and Medieval Languages
- Jessie is a Lincolns Inn scholar and, in 2021, she completed the Graduate Diploma in Law at Oxford Brookes University with Distinction
- Before joining Bindmans, Jessie worked as a paralegal for an immigration law firm. She also worked as an NGO field coordinator assisting migrants and asylum seekers on the ground in France
- Jessie had a previous career in the film industry working on film sets in the UK and abroad
- Jessie joined Bindmans in 2021
- English (fluent)
- French (fluent