Lucinda is a solicitor in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team.
Lucinda joined Bindmans in 2019 as a paralegal in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team. During her training contract, she worked in the firm’s Actions against Police and State team assisting on a range of high profile civil and public law matters, and in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team assisting on a number of high value medical negligence and personal injury cases with complex liability issues. She has a particular interest in cases involving severe brain injury.
Lucinda has experience of working on a wide range of claims including personal injury, professional negligence, false imprisonment, assault, malicious prosecution, misfeasance in public office, discrimination and breaches of the Human Rights Act. She has also worked on police complaints and judicial review challenges on behalf of individuals asserting their rights to freedom of expression and freedom of assembly under Articles 10 and 11 of the European Convention of Human Rights.
Education and career
- Lucinda graduated from SOAS in 2011 with a degree in History of Art and Archaeology and Tibetan.
- She then completed the Graduate Diploma in Law.
- Lucinda is a committed advocate of civil liberties and access to justice, and has worked extensively with the exiled Tibetan communities in India and the UK.
Lucinda’s cases include:
Bianca Williams and Ricardo Dos Santos v Metropolitan Police Commissioner
- Assisted Jules Carey in the cases of GB sprinter Bianca Williams and Portuguese sprinter Ricardo Dos Santos, in relation to allegations of dishonesty and discrimination against Metropolitan Police officers following a stop and search in July 2020.
Julian Cole v- Chief Constable of Bedfordshire Police
- Julian, a university student, was left brain damaged and paralysed for life following an incident in which Bedfordshire police officers restrained him outside a nightclub in 2013. Assisted Jules Carey and Rachel Harger representing Julian’s family in civil claims against the Chief Constable of Bedfordshire.
What clients say
Impeccable at her job. Friendly and professional.– Client, 2020
- UK Centre for Animal Law (A-Law)