Megan is a solicitor in our Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team.
Megan joined the firm as a paralegal in the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury team in September 2018. She commenced her training contract in September 2019, spending 12 months in her first seat, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury. She then spent six months in her second seat, Housing, where she worked mainly on two large multiparty fire safety cases. Megan qualified as a solicitor in March 2021.
Megan co-works cases with a partner, she regularly acts for adults and children who have suffered catastrophic life-changing injuries. In the last two years, Megan has assisted on claims which have settled for an aggregate total of over £30 million (on a capitalised basis). Recent cases include high-value settlements for two lower limb amputees and a seven-figure settlement for an adult who sustained a severe traumatic brain injury.
Education and career
- Megan graduated with a 2:1 in Law with Business (LLB) from the University of Liverpool in 2016
- She completed her LPC at BPP University Liverpool in 2017, obtaining a distinction
- Throughout university, Megan volunteered at the Citizens Advice Bureau and at the university law clinic
- Megan joined Bindmans as a Paralegal in September 2018
Megan assisted in securing the following settlements:
- A seven-figure settlement for an adult who sustained a traumatic brain injury
- A seven-figure settlement for an adult who had both legs amputated as a result of clinical negligence
- A six-figure settlement for the family of a man who died by suicide
More about Megan
Megan volunteers on the AvMA helpline once a month where she provides practical advice to callers on a range of issues, including advice in relation to clinical negligence claims, complaints and inquests