Melissa is a partner in our Family and Matrimonial team. She qualified as a lawyer in 2012 specialising exclusively in the field of family law.
Melissa advises clients on all aspects of family law with a particular emphasis upon the financial disputes which may arise as a result of a relationship breaking down. She has experience advising clients who have multiple assets and complex financial circumstances.
Melissa also advises and assists clients with disputes surrounding arrangements for children, and has extensive experience in cases which involve allegations of domestic abuse.
Melissa has a particular interest in the financial disputes which may arise following the separation of unmarried couples, including financial arrangements which might need to be made for any children.
Melissa is known for her compassionate and professional client care and has frequently received positive testimonials for the support she has provided throughout their case.
Education and career
- Betweem 2007 – 2012, Melissa studied the Professional Diploma in Law at the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- From 2013 – 2016, Melissa practised as a family lawyer in Reading, Windsor and London
- In 2014 she was admitted as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- From 2016 – 2018, she practised as a family lawyer in North London
- Melissa joined Bindmans LLP in 2018
What clients say
Melissa has dealt with my divorce and financial matters. I cannot thank her enough. She was compassionate, kind, understanding and very patient. She gave me detailed legal advice but also understood that my decisions were based around my child’s welfare. She helped me to achieve the best outcome from my divorce. It was the worse time in my life, she was there to help me throughout. Thank you Melissa
I found the steer and guidance of Melissa very professional and focussed on the end goal
Legal 500 2022
- ‘Melissa Arnold is superb. She is fantastic with clients and tackles her cases with diligence and enthusiasm’
Legal 500 2019
- ‘An extremely strong family law firm, with real professionalism. A very impressive and dynamic team. Melissa Arnold is excellent. She is approachable and professional with excellent attention to detail’
Legal 500 2019
- ‘Melissa Arnold is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to realistic and pragmatic advice to be given to clients and to fighting cases diligently for her clients’
- CILEx – Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
More about Melissa
- Melissa completed her professional diploma in law via distance learning whilst undertaking her training as a family law specialist at a law firm in Cornwall. Melissa began practicing in Reading and Windsor in 2013 and was a member of the Thames Valley Family Lawyers Association before permanently practising in London in 2016