Roshan is a trainee solicitor in our Immigration, Asylum and Nationality team
Roshan is qualified as a Level 2 Senior Caseworker under the Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme (IAAS).
He assists with a variety of immigration, asylum and nationality matters including applications on the basis of human rights and asylum. He has significant experience in working on applications for entry clearance and leave to remain based on family life and with British citizenship applications for children and adults. He also works on complex applications outside of the Immigration Rules, applications under the EU Settlement Scheme, appeals and judicial review claims.
Roshan has experience of working with vulnerable clients having spent a number of years working in the charity sector. This included work as an Immigration Advisor at Praxis and a Caseworker at the British Red Cross.
Education and career
- Roshan graduated from the University of East Anglia in 2014 with a BA in Law (Upper Second-Class Honours)
- Roshan holds a Master of Laws in Legal Practice from the BPP awarded in 2023 (Merit)
- Roshan joined Bindmans as a paralegal in January 2022 and became a trainee solicitor in March 2023
- Prior to working at Bindmans, Roshan worked as an Immigration Advisor at Praxis in partnership with London Councils and homelessness charities including Shelter and St Mungos
- He worked as a Caseworker at the British Red Cross Norwich Refugee Service between 2018 and 2020
- Roshan worked as a Project Coordinator at New Routes Integration in Norwich between 2014 and 2020. He setup an OISC-regulated immigration advice service in 2018
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers (YLAL)