Ruaa is a trainee solicitor in our Crime, Fraud and Regulatory team.
She has extensive experience litigating a diverse range of cases at all stages of the criminal justice process, including complex and serious cases such as terrorism, money laundering, fraud, conspiracies to supply drugs, and protest-related offences.
Ruaa has represented a broad spectrum of clients at the police station, including youths and clients with severe mental health conditions.
She also has experience in inquests, regulatory matters and international law cases arising in multiple jurisdictions including those regarding human rights violations.
Ruaa’s extensive knowledge of law and procedure has enabled her to successfully draft letters of representation to the CPS requesting discontinuance of prosecutions on evidential and public interest grounds.
Education and career
- Ruaa studied Criminology at the University of Greenwich. She subsequently completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at The University of Law
- She completed the Police Station Accreditation Scheme in 2017
- Ruaa joined Bindmans as a paralegal in 2021, and commenced her training contract in 2022
- Ruaa has gained a wealth of experience from previously held positions, prior to joining Bindmans
- She commenced her legal career working in the legal department of the Metropolitan Police Service. She went on to work as a Criminal Defence paralegal at a national law firm, and later at the Financial Conduct Authority
- Ruaa also worked as a Case Manager at The Health and Care Professions Council, where she managed a wide range of fitness to practice cases and presented cases on behalf of the Council at the tribunal
- English (fluent)
- Arabic (fluent)