Shivani is a trainee solicitor in our Crime, Fraud and Regulatory team.
Shivani has experience working on a wide range of cases including:
- Serious and complex criminal offences including terrorism, offences against the person, sexual offences, and theft
- Protest-related criminal allegations
- Extradition cases involving human rights arguments relating to the right to a fair trial, prison conditions, and the right to a private and family life
- International law cases involving serious human rights violations
Shivani assists clients and counsel at the Magistrates Court, Crown Court, and High Court, and has experience assisting in the preparation of appeals and sentencing hearings.
Education and career
- Shivani graduated with a First Class BA (Hons) in Classical Literature and English from the University of Leeds
- She joined Bindmans LLP as a paralegal in the Crime, Fraud and Regulatory team in December 2022 and became a trainee solicitor in September 2023
- Shivani has undertaken voluntary work at the North Kensington Law Centre