Tanya is a senior consultant at Bindmans, and Head of our Business Immigration team. She has over 25 years’ experience in UK immigration law and nationality law, and is highly regarded for her broad business immigration expertise that spans all corporate and private client matters.
Tanya acts for a wide range of clients, from multinationals, to start-ups, to SMEs, and advises on the prevention of illegal working, risk management strategies and sponsorship.
Advising clients across all sectors, her considerable expertise includes assisting with points-based system applications, Global Talent Visa applications and right to work compliance. Tanya also assists clients with complex matters where high-level strategic planning is needed and is commended in Chambers and Partners UK for being “quick on her feet, streetwise, proactive and savvy. Good at understanding how to make quick decisions in a changing environment.”
With substantial experience and interest in the creative sector, Tanya acts for a broad spectrum of clients in the industry, from individuals to production companies, and is known for her innovative and practical approach.
Tanya is a seasoned and skilled speaker, and is often invited to present to clients and practitioners across the UK and elsewhere.
Education and career
- Tanya has worked in immigration law since 1994 at prestigious firms in both London and New York
- Tanya joined Bindmans LLP as a senior consultant and Head of Business Immigration in June 2022
Chambers and Partners 2023
- Tanya is ranked Band 4 for Immigration: Business. She is highly regarded for her broad immigration business expertise that spans points-based system advice, global talent visa applications and right to work compliance.
- “Tanya Goldfarb is a fantastic lawyer – she has a lot of insight and is tenacious.”
Chambers and Partners 2022
- Tanya is ranked in Band 4 for Immigration: Business.
- Feedback describes her as “quick on her feet, streetwise, proactive and savvy. Good at understanding how to make quick decisions in a changing environment.”
- “Tanya Goldfarb is really professional, super attentive and all around great to deal with on every level.”
- Member of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
- Trustee of ILPA
- Co-Founder and Co-Convenor of ILPA NY Working Group
- Previous Executive Board Member of the ILPA from 2003-04
- Founding and current Board Member, Great British Business Club NY
- Past Secretary and Board Member of the New York Peace Institute from 2016-20
- Admitted to the Law Society of England and Wales in 1996
Tanya provides training to both fellow practitioners on behalf of ILPA and Lexis Nexis, and in-house to clients and professional associations.