- Court of Protection and Mental Capacity
- Clinical negligence and personal injury
- Inquests and inquiries
- Discrimination and equality law
- Judicial review and public law
- Media and information law
- Extradition law
- Mental health
- Family Law
- Police misconduct
- Fraud Financial and Business Crime
- Prison law
- Professional Negligence
- Health and community care law
- Regulatory and public procurement law
- Right to protest
- Human rights
- Serious and Complex Crime
- Animal Welfare law
Bindmans has a national reputation for its immigration work. Our lawyers understand that having irregular immigration status, or a family member with an immigration problem can be extremely stressful. We aim to offer an efficient, sympathetic and cost-effective service to our clients.
Bindmans can help if you have a problem with entering, or settling in the UK; if you want to enter the UK to work, or set up your own business, or to study - or you want to settle with a partner or bring a family member to the UK. We also offer advice to immigration detainees who have been unlawfully detained.
Our immigration team is led by award-winning solicitor Alison Stanley, and includes Liz Barratt, Emma Cohen, Abigail Evans and Roberta Haslam. Alison writes regularly on immigration and asylum issues and was formerly a solicitor at the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants.
Alison and her team specialise in acting for children in immigration matters - cases which need careful and sensitive handling. We have close links with Bindmans' Family and Employment law teams, and can call on the expertise of colleagues in other departments, when needed.
Unlike many other immigration law firms which are more narrowly focused, our immigration lawyers handle all aspects of the work - everything from business immigration through to asylum. This means we have a huge breadth of knowledge and experience to draw on when coming up with the best solution to our clients’ problems.
A detailed list of key areas of work handled by our immigration team appears below. The list is not exhaustive and if your particular problem does not appear to be listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7833 4433, as we may be able to help - or to refer you onto someone who can.
- Applications to the UK Border Agency of all types
- Litigation before the immigration tribunal and higher courts
- Business immigration (business people, working in the UK under Tiers 1, 2 and 5 of the Points Based System)
- Applications for businesses wanting to employ overseas nationals
- Applications for Entrepreneurs and Investors under Tier 1 of the Points Based System
- European Union migration - countries covered by European Economic Area migration, including Turkey
- Family reunion for spouses, civil partners , co-habitees, children, elders and other relatives
- Applications for students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System
- Removal or deportation
- Applications outside the usual Immigration Rules under UK Border Agency policies and concessions, and for the exercise of discretion
- Immigration audit for people who want to check their status and prepare for the future
- Asylum and Human Rights Act applications
- Citizenship & nationality, including applications for the exercise of discretion
Children. We offer an integrated service, working with our Family Law department. Clarification/regularisation of child’s immigration status; asylum; human rights; abandoned children, etc. We are regularly referred cases by the Official Solicitor (who looks after the interests of young children), social services and other groups representing children. We also advice prospective parents in international adoption and surrogacy.