Jon is managing partner of Bindmans, and Head of the Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence team.
He has a wide range of experience in both personal injury and clinical negligence work, having qualified in 1992 and specialised in these fields since 1994. Jon specialises in complex, high-value claims involving clients who have sustained brain damage and spinal injuries, whether caused by an accident or a mistake during medical treatment.
Jon has also handled professional negligence claims against solicitors and counsel in a range of fields, including conveyancing and personal injury.
His expertise has been recognised by both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
He has a keen interest in trying to improve the lives of those who suffer from a disability. After leaving university, he worked for several years as a carer in homes for children and adults suffering from a variety of learning disabilities. His interest in this field has continued in his clinical negligence and personal injury work, where his practice focuses upon clients who have suffered serious head and brain injuries.
Education and career
- Jon graduated from the University of Manchester in 1985 with a BA (Hons) in Politics and Modern History.
- He qualified as a solicitor in 1992, and joined Bindmans LLP in 1999. He was appointed partner 2003.
Jon’s cases include:
- A settlement with a capitalised value of over £4.4 million for a boy who sustained brain damage following a failure to monitor his temperature after he underwent a cardiac catheterisation procedure.
- £5.5 million for a boy who sustained brain damage at birth due to obstetric negligence.
- £2.55 million in a clinical negligence case for a child who sustained cerebral palsy at birth.
- £1.25 million (2.08 million on full liability basis) for a man who sustained a head injury after a road traffic accident.
- £1.1 million in a professional negligence claim against solicitors and counsel for procedural errors in their handling of a personal injury claim.
- £715,000 for a man who sustained a head injury following an accident at work.
- £850,000 of a child who suffers from an Erb’s palsy injury and other neurological injuries following an episode of shoulder dystocia.
- £500,000 for a child who was injured after he cycled into the path of a bus.
- £232,500 for the family of a doctor who died two years after suffering a stroke following the negligent of his heart condition.
- £100,000 in a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors for failing to make appropriate enquiries of a planning authority.
What clients say
Living outside the UK it was not obvious to select a firm of solicitors to start proceedings against a UK defendant whose negligence caused my accident. Through a local friend I was referred to Bindmans and from day one I felt that I had made the correct choice. Although my case was not always straightforward from legal point of view I have been very pleased with the quality of the legal advice and the support that I have received from Yagmur and Jon. I could not have expected a better performance.
I was extremely satisfied with the service provided because of the high quality and objective legal advice dealing with all positive and negative aspects of my file. My file was very actively and efficiently managed on a day-to-day basis and I had excellent personal contacts.– Mr Marcus Bernaert, Belgium (August 2016)
We just wanted to put pen to paper.– DJ
Many thanks from all our family for the service we received.
Many thanks from all our family for your efforts in handling my father’s case in a very sensitive and supportive manner.– MH
Chambers and Partners UK 2023
- Jon is ranked Band 3 in Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant.
- Jon Crocker heads the clinical negligence team at Bindmans. He frequently advises on brain injury and Erb’s palsy claims arising from obstetric negligence. He has further experience of psychiatric and fatal injury claims.
- Feedback says he “really cares about his clients and is very experienced.”
Legal 500 2023
- Jon is recognised as a ‘Leading Individual’ in Personal Injury: Claimant. He is described as “an excellent solicitor with warmth and dedication.”
- “Jon Crocker is the safest pair of hands I have come across.”
Chambers and Partners UK 2022
- Jon is ranked as Band 3 in Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant. Feedback describes him as “very solid, and explains complex issues in a plain manner.”
- “I was very impressed by the empathetic way that he dealt with his clients.”
Legal 500 2022
- Jon is recognised as a ‘Leading Individual’ in Personal injury: claimant. Feedback describes him as “an extremely effective partner who has a thorough grasp of the issues and able to direct experts to the key points of a case.”
Chambers and Partners UK 2019
- Jon Crocker is ranked in Band 2 for Clinical Negligence: Mainly Claimant. He “has a strong intellect and a very good manner of explaining complex ideas and concepts in plain English; he clearly has the trust and confidence of his clients.”
- AvMA’s Clinical Negligence Panel since 2001
- Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel (1998 to 2014)
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (since 1995)
- Appointed to Headway list of panel solicitors in 2007
- Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association