The new Data Protection and Digital Information Bill – how will it affect employers?
Under Liz Truss, last year the government shelved their data law reforms and announced that they were scrapping the UK GDPR. However, under Rishi Sunak there has been a change of direction, and on 8 March 2023 the government (re)introduced the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill (DPDI) to Parliament. But does it change anything? And how will it affect employers?
Join the Bindmans LLP Data and Cyber team for a virtual coffee break to find out more.
What will be covered
Presented by Monika Sobiecki, partner in our Media and Information team and Data Protection and Cybersecurity specialist, the session will cover:
- Key features of the DPDI (and how it is different to GDPR)
- Impact on data subject rights
- Proposed reduction in controller and processor obligations
- Changes between last year’s proposed reforms and the new DPDI
- What will this all mean for employers?
This webinar will be held via Zoom, click below to secure your place.