Webinar recording | HR Coffee Break: May 2023
Under Liz Truss, last year the government shelved their data law reforms and announced that they were scrapping the UK GDPR.
However, under Rishi Sunak there has been a change of direction, and on 8 March 2023 the government (re)introduced the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill (DPDI) to Parliament. But does it change anything? And how will it affect employers?
Presented by Monika Sobiecki, partner in our Media and Information team and Data Protection and Cybersecurity specialist, this session covered the following:
- Key features of the DPDI (and how it is different to GDPR)
- Impact on data subject rights
- Proposed reduction in controller and processor obligations
- Changes between last year’s proposed reforms and the new DPDI
- What will this all mean for employers?
Please note, this webinar is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. If you have specific questions about the topics covered, please contact the speaker.
Information covered in this webinar was current at the time of recording on 23 May 2023.