Shanaz is a trainee solicitor in our Family and Matrimonial team.
Shanaz is a trainee solicitor in our Family and Matrimonial team. She assists on private and public law children, and international child abduction cases.
Prior to training with the Family and Matrimonial team, Shanaz worked as a paralegal and then a trainee in our Immigration, Asylum and Nationality team, where she assisted with a wide range of immigration and asylum matters. These included leave to remain applications for partners/parents/children, or applications based on Article 8 and/or Article 3 ECHR grounds, registration and naturalisation applications, and settlement applications for domestic violence victims and those with refugee status. She has also worked on asylum applications for adults and unaccompanied minors, and has prepared asylum/human rights appeals and judicial reviews.
Education and career
- Shanaz is accredited as a Senior Caseworker under the Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme.
- She graduated from London South Bank University in 2016 with an LLB in Business Law. During her studies, she worked part-time as a clerk at another London law firm.
- She then moved into a legal assistant and paralegal role until 2018, assisting with housing, action against police, and judicial review matters.
- Shanaz joined Bindmans as an administrative assistant in 2018 and moved into a paralegal role in 2019.
- She is currently studying the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at London Metropolitan University. This will be completed by August 2023.