Shanaz is a solicitor and a Level 2 Senior Caseworker in our Immigration team.
Shanaz is a solicitor in our Immigration team. She has experience in a wide range of immigration and asylum matters including leave to remain applications for partners/parents/children or based on Article 8 and/or Article 3 ECHR grounds; registration and naturalisation applications; settlement applications for domestic violence victims and those with refugee status. She has also worked on asylum applications for adults and unaccompanied minors and prepared asylum/human rights appeals and judicial reviews.
Shanaz also has experience in business immigration matters, including Global Talent visa applications.
Education and career
- Shanaz is accredited as a Senior Caseworker under the Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme
- Shanaz graduated from in 2016 with an LLB in Business Law. During her studies, she worked part-time as a clerk for Deighton Pierce Glynn
- She then moved into a legal assistant and paralegal role until 2018, assisting with housing, actions against police, and judicial review matters
- She joined Bindmans as an administrative assistant in 2018 and moved into a paralegal role in 2019, before starting her training contract in 2022
- She completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC) in 2023 and qualified as a solicitor in November 2023