Christina is a solicitor in our Actions against the Police and State team. She assists partners in the team on a varied range of cases including Public Inquiries, Inquests, Equality Act claims, Human Rights Act claims and claims for compensation in relation to police misconduct.
Christina has a particular interest in cases involving the misuse of police stop and search powers and unlawful discrimination.
Christina is currently working on the Undercover Policing Inquiry, representing a variety of individuals who were either spied on, duped into sexual relationships, or had their deceased loved ones identities appropriated by undercover police officers. This has notably included client ‘TBS’ whose ongoing claim follows his discovery that his father was in fact an undercover officer infiltrating animal rights groups at the time he engaged in a sexual relationship with his mother in the 1980s.
Christina also assists on cases involving police restraints, group claims concerning individuals’ rights to protest and beavered family members whose loved ones have died in state care.
Education and career
- Christina graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from The University of Kent in 2014.
- She completed the LLM and the LPC at The University of Law, London.
- From 2014 – 2018, Christina worked as a paralegal at two other law firms.
- She also worked as a volunteer at Westminster Citizens Advice Bureau assisting victims of the Grenfell Tower incident from July 2017, and as a volunteer at the Camden Community Law Centre working alongside an experienced solicitor on Immigration and Asylum cases from Februaary 2016.
- Christina became a trainee solicitor in our Actions against Police and State team in September 2019 and qualified as a solicitor in 2021.
What clients say
I would not have achieved this without the expert help of Joseph and Christina. A key strength of the service was that it was based on careful attentive listening to the facts of my case, involving microscopic analysis of the evidence. Joseph and Christina are tenacious and compassionate lawyers– Client
Christina and Joseph are a credit to Bindmans and should be rewarded for their expertise, talent and commitment.– Client