When parents require help in reaching a solution, our expert children lawyers can guide you through the options including solicitors’ correspondence, mediation and arbitration, roundtable meetings and other forms of dispute resolution.
It is always best if arrangements for children can be agreed directly between the parents. Our aim is always to resolve disputes outside court by way of agreement. If this is possible, we can assist parents by drafting a Parenting Plan setting out the agreements reached and, where appropriate, a draft order for the court’s approval.
When parents require help in reaching a solution, our expert children lawyers can guide you through the options including:
- Solicitors’ correspondence
- Mediation and arbitration
- Roundtable meetings and other forms of dispute resolution
Sometimes it is necessary to issue a court application and we have extensive experience in all areas of children law proceedings. This includes cases where there are serious allegations of abuse and the involvement of agencies, such as the police and social services.
In all cases, we aim to improve the parents’ co-parenting relationship and prioritise the child’s best interests.
Our solicitors’ expertise
Our children law solicitors can advise parents, children and other family members on all aspects of child arrangements including:
- Child arrangements on divorce and separation
- Parenting agreements
- Child Arrangements Orders
- Supervised contact
- Parental responsibility
- Specific Issue Orders
- Temporary and permanent relocation outside of England and Wales.
- Prohibited Steps Orders
- Disputes such as about which school the child should attend; whether the child should have medical treatment; what surname the child should use; whether a child can go on holiday abroad
We are members of Resolution, which is an organisation for family lawyers committed to a non-adversarial approach to children and family law issues, and accredited children law specialists through Resolution and the Law Society.