We offer immediate help to people and organisations who are visited or approached by police or other regulatory bodies such as the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority, or HMRC.
They may execute search warrants or use statutory powers to search business and home addresses and they may arrest and detain people for questioning or require the production of material. If this happens it is crucial to seek expert legal advice at the earliest possible opportunity.
Whether it is the police, NCA, FCA, SFO or HMRC who are acting, we offer an emergency service to our clients to advise them about their rights when a warrant is being executed.
Bindmans LLP ‘combines high-level, specialist expertise with a passionate commitment to the interests of their professional clients’.Legal 500
Our lawyers are experienced in supporting clients during searches and advising how to deal with them. We can assist with:
- Supervising a search – remotely or in person – we can take urgent calls at any time of day
- Safeguarding legally privileged or other forms of protected material such as journalistic material and confidential personal records of clients
- Advising about whether there are grounds for challenging the legal basis of the search or what has been removed
- Advising about how to respond to any investigation related to a search
- Assisting with reputation defence and providing advice on media relations
- Advising on employment-related matters including suspension, misconduct and disciplinary processes
- Business contingency planning – policies and procedures for the unexpected
Fraud and White Collar Crime
Serious Fraud Office
Bribery and Corruption
Investigative Interview under Caution
Dawn Raids (Emergency Service)
Companies Act Offences
Insider Dealing and Market Abuse
Bounce Back Loan Fraud